- Scientists often sit at different locations e.g. the experiments at one location, while the analysis involves people from others. Given the importance of the study for the product claim, senior management also ask to look at the data. A data catalog (through eaglecatalog) makes it really easy for any interested party to see the data and its context (crucial for interpretation).
- The eaglehive integration makes the data simple to analyze (point and click). It also allows everyone to see what analyses have been done and when. Exact software versions are reported as well as the parameters used, so that everyone will know exactly how the results have been generated. Links are provided to the result files so that non-technical users can access them easily.
- There is also the eaglecatalog api to allow programmatic access, if desired. The eaglecatalog api allows people to integrate the system seamlessly with their own system(s) e.g. an ELN.
- Because the catalog is searchable it makes it easy to find the experiments that the users are interested in, and makes data re-use much easier and effective.
- If better analyses come along, then the analysis pipeline can be updated and the data re-analyzed (also allowing users to compare the new results vs the old). Management also have the option to overview the studies being done.
Jun 1, 2015 10:33:29 AM
Eagle Genomics facilitates a round-table discussion at BioData World Congress 2015